Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Back from California

I had the best trip out to California. It just felt good to see Carrie and to know first hand that she was ok! It is so hard being all the way across the country. And Rooney Mae...oh my goodness is she cute. I'm already missing her sooooo much. I know she misses her Aunt Mindy too! :)
 
It was so nice to get there and really have nothing to do but to visit with each other and love on the baby. I only left the house a couple of times the whole time. Carrie had doctor appointments both Thursday and Friday so I did a good bit of babysitting too! Loved it! We took at least one long walk every single day. The weather was 75 degrees and sunny the entire time, so we tried to get outside a little bit! And we napped a lot. Life with a newborn will do that to you! I was assigned the 4 am feeding, so it took me back a little bit to the good ole days! Ha!

 Rooney is the sweetest baby! She hardly cries at all, and when she does, it was always easily fixable! She must know she needed to be a good little girl with all her mom and dad have gone through! I'm sure they'll get payback later! :)


 We did a lot of tummy time!

One morning, Carrie had an MRI of her spine (which was all clear by the way--hooray!!!) and we played dress up while they were gone. This was a dress that my grandmother made and Carrie and I both wore. It is so not Carrie's style (no smocking in CA!), so that's why we did it while she was gone! I thought she looked just beautiful though.

The CEO of Andres' company came over one afternoon full of Neiman Marcus bags. We had so much fun opening them all! One of the many very generous gifts were these super cute baby uggs! They were so adorable!
 On Friday, we got the good results from Carrie's MRI and they also had a team meeting with all the doctors and finalized the treatment game plan (the doctors continue to be very optimistic about the treatment), and we just all felt like we needed to celebrate. We headed to Fashion Island to see the Christmas tree light up and then had a drink. Roo napped the entire time like a good little girl and Carrie finally, finally felt normal again.

This little guy was attached to me the entire trip. Missing him too, but not missing his snoring! Geez, he's like a grown man!
Saturday morning, we decided a walk on the beach boardwalk was in order. They are just a few blocks from the beach, so it was an easy thing to do...I would seriously go there every day! It was so nice! Besides the row of staples that go from one side of the back of her head to the other, you would never know that Carrie had just had brain surgery...or a baby for that matter! She looked so good--already back in her skinny jeans. So.not.fair.
 I literally balled my eyes out after I said goodbye at the airport. It was so hard to leave. We are not sure if she'll be able to come home for Christmas, but we are really crossing our fingers that it will work out for a few days at least. She absolutely cannot miss a treatment or a doctor's appointment, so hopefully we can work around it!

Joel and the boys managed fine while I was gone from what I can tell! Joel didn't go running off as soon as I got home so that was good! There's nothing better than coming down the elevator into baggage claim and having my two little loves come running and jump into my arms. I am so blessed!

And then we came home and they watched youtube videos about how to roast a turkey...I have the strangest kids! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment