Monday, August 11, 2014

Kindergarten Here We Come!

Well, it's here. Kindergarten starts tomorrow. I've had nerves all summer about it, but I think at this point, the nerves are pretty much gone and I'm just excited. Hudson is excited. It's time to get back to our routine...if we even have one since we've pretty much been living in limbo the past couple of months. I'm not sure how I'll react once he gets out of the car tomorrow and goes on his way without me (at the crack of dawn I might add!), but I think I've gotten my tears out and I think I'll be ok. Now, if they have to extract him from the car, that may cause me to lose it a little...or a lot. I'll be sure to update! Ha!
 
We met Hudson's sweet teacher today, Mrs. Boyd. She could not be more cute. Hudson doesn't know anyone in his class, so it ought to be interesting, but there are 11 boys so surely it will be easy to make new friends!
 

I've packed his backpack and have everything ready to go. I'm making him buy lunch tomorrow so he'll start to get the lunch number thing down, even though I don't even have his lunch number yet. Somehow I missed that part. My little group of friends are stressing about lunch, about what to bring for "healthy" snacks (as required--we are debating whether fruit by the foot is really a fruit--ha!), and who is going to drop off in carpool as opposed to walking them in. All of the most important things, you know.
 
It's going to be interesting, that's for sure! Another chapter in life is beginning! Update to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment