Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend Stuff, Dah-doh, A Snake, and a Baby (not ours!)

We have had a nice, relaxing weekend after a good week back at work and school (a short week so that made it even better!)!
 
This picture below of sleeping beauty was taken Wednesday night after Harrison asked to go to bed at 5:30. He went back to school this week and it did a number on him! Good news is that he LOVES his new class and I've gotten only good reports from his teachers. We've even had great drop offs! The second day, he ran in without me and went straight to his teacher and gave her a hug, and then blew a kiss to me! Melt my heart. On Thursday afternoon, his teacher told me that he is so smart and that he knows all of his colors. I felt like the worst mom because I didn't even know that he knew his colors, but sure enough, he does! It is amazing how much he has developed from his surgery in July. He is just talking so much and is so happy all of the time. While it was terrible going through it, we know we made the right decision! 
 
 I love it when football season is back in gear because Friday and Saturday outfits are pretty much set! Hudson asks to wear his jersey every single day so he is extra happy when I tell him it's Auburn day! I will say that on Friday, he said he needed to wear his Alabama shirt and that no one wears Auburn shirts, they only wear Alabama ones! :( Clearly, we are not doing something right here! Thankfully, he got over it fast and was more than willing to wear his jersey!

 I told Harrison to "show me his teeth" and he literally showed me his teeth! Oh well!

 The bathroom renovation is now in full swing and we are FINALLY seeing progress! The tile is almost done being put in, the granite is going on the cabinets this week, and hopefully by the end of next weekend, we will be very, very close! I'm telling you, if we can get through this renovation, we can get through anything! :) I feel like we are just living in dust right now, so I'm ready for all of it to be over and I can have my bathroom back (you know, since we've been without one since MAY!).

I've started playing tennis again! It is very exciting and I'm thankful that Joel is being so understanding of me needing this little outlet! I'm playing on a team this fall and so far, I'm just loving it! Friday night, one of my co-workers who is way, way, more advanced than I am and is on a team going to nationals in October, had a fund raiser tennis event at Hoover Country Club. It was a mixed doubles competition where you switched partners every four games, and whoever won the most games at the end, male and female, won a prize! It was SO fun! Most of the people there play a lot more than I do, so it was some tough competition!

 Our firm is assisting them in going to nationals, so they had the sign up at the event! These are all co-workers!
 Saturday morning, Joel and I had to pick out lights for the bathroom, so after that, since we were downtown, we picked up Chick fil A and headed to Railroad Park. It was hot, but the kids saw 3 trains, so they were in heaven! I must also mention that on Friday night, Joel and his mom took the kids to Irondale (again!) to watch trains and eat at the Irondale Café. We are becoming regulars there!

 Harrison now his a name for his big brother....Dah-doh! It is so funny! We are not sure how he got Dah-doh from Hudson, but he talks about Dah-doh ALL the time! Hudson can't stand his little nickname, but it's sticking so well that I find myself calling Hudson Dah-doh too!

 We watched Auburn win last night from the comfort of our own couch! Hopefully, we are going to get down there for a couple of games this year. I'm looking forward to it, but it's hard in our stage of life with the two small kiddos! Watching from home is just as fun though and the best part about it is that when it is over, we can just go to bed and don't have to drive the two hours back! :)

This morning, we had a snake in.our.house! We were playing with the boys in our downstairs room and it slithered up right next to Hudson. He loved it (in fact, all the boys loved it), but I was and still am freaking out about it! It was small, but that just means the mama is out there somewhere! No clue how it got in our house!
 This afternoon, we got to meet baby Nolan Barrow! So exciting! We were waiting all morning for him to be born as Abbey went into labor overnight, and he arrived around noon! He is SO precious! The boys loved meeting their new cousin (I think??? Joel's cousin had the baby so not sure what that makes him to our boys!) and kept saying that baby Nolan was soooo cute! Which he was! A tiny little thing at just 5 pounds, 13 oz (I think). Hudson was wanting to hold him so badly...it broke my heart that we had to tell him he could only take a peek! Our boys are the last people that need to touch that baby--ha! It was sweet though. Even Harrison was enthralled with baby Nolan! Can't wait for the boys to have a new play mate in the family!

That's about it for our exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment