Monday, April 22, 2013

The Fair

We had really good intentions of going to Auburn this weekend for the last roll at Toomer's, but decided last minute not to go. I was out of town for work on Thursday and came back Friday, and exhaustion from that, coupled with a 8:30 am t-ball game on Saturday and endless yard work that needed to be done, we decided we needed to stay home. It would have been a really long day with the boys. I see all the pictures though and wish we had gone (although I am sure that it was pure madness).
 
Anyway, it was a beautiful day on Saturday so that afternoon after naps we decided to venture to the fair! We did not really know what we were getting ourselves into, but thought it would be fun to just go see what it was all about. We had such a fun time! So much fun that Hudson threw a fit when we told him it was time to leave! We were flat out of money though--beware, money goes FAST at the fair! Sometimes that just doesn't matter though when you're having fun! You just gotta know when to cut it off! :)
 
We started out watching a pot bellied pig race. It might have been the funniest thing I have ever seen. Then, it was on to the ferris wheel (or the "Free Willy" as my sister used to call it!). It was the only thing that we could do all together with Harrison. We have two fearless boys. They were not scared a bit to be that high! 
 

Then, it was onto the kiddie rides. I didn't think that Hudson would ride anything by himself, but I was definitely wrong about that. He loved it. We did not have to go with him at all. Poor Harrison was too small to do any of the rides, but he still had fun (good thing because that would have been MORE money-ha!). He really wanted to do them with Hudson though!



There was a petting zoo area and also pony rides.

 Hudson got to ride his very first motorcycle!


And I got to participate in a teapot like spinny ride! Yay me! Joel refused to do it with him, so I took one for the team.

 Then it was onto race cars!

 His faces were priceless. It was pure joy for him.


What a great afternoon! I told Joel that I think he's ready for Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment