Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

We started out the long Easter weekend with class parties on Thursday morning. This picture pretty much sums up Harrison's party...

 The only mom that wasn't there was the mom of the little boy that isn't crying. It's just almost not worth going to his parties at this stage. They just cry because they think you are going to leave them (which you eventually have to) and it just tugs at your heart! Oh the guilt...

Moving on--Hudson's party was a different story! He LOVES that I'm there and he definitely turns on the silly switch!

He had a great time hunting eggs. The teachers told the kids that they could only pick up 12 eggs and it was so funny to watch them stop and count to see if they had hit 12. I never thought in a million years that they would do that, but they did!

Friday night, we dyed eggs. This was the first time we had done this with Hudson, and let's get real--I had to call my mom to ask her how long I needed to boil the eggs! I only blew up one egg. I think hard boiled eggs are disgusting. Oh well! :) Hudson LOVED dying the eggs!

Somehow Hudson got the dye on his mouth. I'm hoping he wasn't tasting the water when I wasn't looking! Ha! Harrison loved watching! He only tried tumping over the glasses a few hundred times before he got sent to the bath tub with Daddy!

 We even glittered the eggs. So fun!

This has nothing to do with Easter, but we had t-ball on Saturday and Hudson got to be the pitcher. It was special for him to get to wear all the gear and get most of the balls hit to him! He did great too! I'm still loving t-ball. I can't get enough of it. This has been a way better experience than soccer. 

Right after t-ball, we headed down to Somerby to see Mama Jean at her spring fling at the old folks home. I had slacked with not taking the kids to see the Easter bunny this year, but thankfully, he was there and we got to take a picture! Hudson loved the Easter bunny. The first thing he said was, "Hey Easter bunny, can you hop???" It was so cute.

The Easter bunny had to go inside for a little while and when he came back outside, Hudson said, "Hey Easter bunny, why do you have on different shoes?" How observant he is...we are in trouble. Going to try and have fun with this while it lasts because it isn't going to last long!

Hudson got his face painted...

And Harrison got to jump in the jumpy (until the whole thing collapsed on him--whoops!). They had a cookout for lunch and it really was a fun time with MJ!

Saturday night we helped host a party for Jordan and Anna. I say "helped" very loosely because I literally did nothing! Oh well. That is really the best kind in my opinion! Ha! It was a fun party though and I can't wait for the wedding to get here! Just 6 weeks away!

The Easter bunny visited our house Saturday night! We didn't really talk a whole lot about the Easter bunny so it really was not a big thing at all.

 Then it was time for church! The boys stayed up really late the night before (at my parents while we were at the party) so they were extra fun yesterday. :) I tried to take some pictures, but it just wasn't really happening.
 Harrison wouldn't even get in a picture with me. :(


Hudson looks like a big boy. It makes me sad that's he's not wearing something a bit frilly (but boyish!), but he was still handsome and I'm just going to have to get used to it--he's 4, it's time. This was the first time he has worn a belt and he was so proud of it.

We had to take our annual picture in front of the cross. Good thing the rain finally stopped! It was still a pretty yucky day though.
 After church we headed to my parent's for lunch and another Easter egg hunt. Harrison has this thing down pat now! He was chilling out mid egg hunt in this picture...




After lunch and naps, we headed to the Reed's for dinner. The Easter bunny made a stop there too, so Hudson was extra happy!

It has been a fabulous week of celebrating!

1 comment:

  1. They are so handsome! And I LOVE Hudson's "big boy" outfit. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete