Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ten on Wednesday

I saw this on another blog and thought it was a great way to capture random things during the week that wouldn't necessarily otherwise make it on the ole blog. This week has been a doozy and it's only Wednesday! So here we go, in no particular order.

1. While watching The Bachelor on Monday night, they were in Whitefish, Montana, which is exactly where Joel and I went on our 5 year anniversary! It was so fun watching it and knowing where everything was. The Rose Ceremony was at the Grouse Mountain Lodge, which is where we stayed the first night we were there. I have to say that they definitely spiffed it up for the show! We went on into Glacier National Park after that (which they also went to on the show). While that trip was much more up Joel's alley, I do miss the incredible scenery and the quiet--we love our kids, but a little getaway would be pretty spectacular right now.

2. Harrison missed school yesterday and today, and will miss tomorrow and Friday too. He had fever and threw up Monday night. We went to the pediatrician and he got a shot and yet another antibiotic to see if we could try one more time to get the ear infection cleared up. The good news is that Corto pulled some strings and got us into the ENT tomorrow! Yay! And, I have to thank our families. It takes a village to take care of kids and we are so thankful that our village is in town and willing to help out!

3. On said trip to the pediatrician, he recommended that we pull Harrison out of daycare so he can build his immune system back up. Awesome timing for that.

4. Joel took the morning shift Tuesday with Harrison so I could go to work. He decided to take the dogs to vet to for them to get a BATH. Can we say LAZY!?!?

5. On said trip to the vet above, Joel got a flat tire. That's what he gets for being lazy!

6. The flat tire resulted in four new tires. That's what I get for chewing him about about taking the dogs to the vet for a bath! Ha!

7. Hudson met his t-ball team for yogurt Monday night! He is so excited about playing t-ball. His team is the Cubs, which happened to be my favorite team growing up! I always wanted to marry Ryne Sandburg. I tried to get him #1 to follow in my softball footsteps, but someone beat us to it. Hudson then decided that he wanted #2, and then changed his mind again to #5. I think he is my child--Mr. Indecisive! :)

7. Hudson got sent home from school today with pink eye. I just started laughing when I got the call. I'm sure the director thought I was nuts. The poor nurse at Greenvale and I are on a first name basis now. She laughed when I talked to her about calling in eye drops. It's always something!

8. Have you ever tried to put eye drops in an almost 4 year old's eye? Torture.

9. I decided that it was time for me to start working out. The problem is finding the time to do it. We don't exactly live close to a gym, not that I have the time to get away to even do that. So, I ordered some videos and so far they are kicking my booty! I'm so sore! I have been getting up at 5:30 though and doing it in the morning and I feel great!

10. So with this week going the way it has gone, it was high time for some ice cream tonight! According to Hudson, ice cream cures everything! I have to agree with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment