Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Wrapping up the Holidays

I am in denial that I actually have to go back to work in the morning. Two full weeks off and I gotten used to this staying home thing! Of course Joel has been off too, so it has been extra fun. I have had so much fun with the kids these past two weeks. My heart has just been hurting the past few weeks over several recent tragedies, and I have really just soaked up every second that I have had with my sweet babies. I am so thankful for them and love them so so so much. Due to sickness (again!) and car issues, we did not get to go out of town as planned after Christmas for the first time in several years, so we really just stayed home and played with all of our new stuff. It was nice not having an agenda and staying in our pj's all morning long and taking naps in the afternoon! I could get used to that!
 
We did sneak off to the lake for a day. It rained most of the afternoon and Harrison took a 4 hour nap in the little house (poor buddy was fighting another ear infection) so there wasn't a ton of playing for the two of us, but Hudson had a blast.
 

Scooter riding, tractor riding, 4 wheeler riding, gator riding, and throwing sticks into a huge burning pile made it for one fantastic day for Hudson!

 The rain finally cleared off on Sunday and we just had to get out of the house, so Joel suggested we go searching for a waterfall. He found one close to Montevallo and so we drove all the way out there and the entrance was so sketch that I would not get out of the car. The kids were getting fussy, so we just turned around and got lunch and then headed to Oak Mountain. We have taken Hudson to Peevine Falls several times, but Harrison has never gone. I would not recommend taking a toddler on this hike! It was scary! Of course Joel wanted to hike to the bottom, so it was a bit treacherous getting down the hill, but we made it. Maybe it would have been better had we stayed at the top.

 It is a pretty waterfall though! The boys had so much fun throwing rocks in the water.

We also made a stop by the petting zoo on the way out, which Harrison LOVED. He is not scared of anything. He and a goose got to be pretty close buds and the goose kept pecking him and he thought it was hilarious. I was a bit scared! He pet every animal there though and had a ball. We will definitely be going back (even if our shoes were covered in poop when we left!)!

We had friends over last night to celebrate New Year's! Margaret made these cute crowns for the big boys.

 Joel and Hudson went to the fireworks store yesterday and bought a bunch of fireworks. They even bought these sparklers and I told Joel that there was no way Hudson would touch a sparkler, but he was all about them!
 The kid crew watching the show! Harrison was somewhere...

 Harrison loved the fireworks too. He got sleepy though so as soon as they were over, I took him to bed. The perk of having folks over to our house!

The kids had so much fun playing. Our house looked like a tornado had gone through it after everyone left and I realized that we have way too many toys. I was embarassed. We will be getting rid of about half of them very soon. It is time. Anyway, Hudson woke up this morning and the first thing he asked was if he could go to Haines' house today! They are such good buddies. They played their little hearts out and were SO tired last night.

Joel and I had fun hanging with the adults too! It was fun ringing in the new year with good friends (at 8 pm!). Ha! No way in a million years could I have stayed up to midnight!


I'm glad it is a short work week so we can ease back into the swing of things. I know that drop off tomorrow morning is going to be hard for us. I am just ready to get it over with! The one thing about the holidays that always depresses me is that when they are over, busy season begins, and this one is going to be a doozy for me. Thankfully, it will be over before I know it and a trip to the beach will be in store for us. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like staying home was the thing to do this year! That's what we did! Hope y'all are doing well! Your boys are too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete