Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Good Times

We have had a busy couple of weeks. I think these next couple of pictures were from MLK Day. I cannot even remember what we did that day, but I guess we did some playing outside! Anyone else have major mommy brain??? I can't remember anything!
 


Friday night, Joel and I got a date night! Joel's birthday was the 28th, so we celebrated a few days early. He had never been to Firebird's, so that is where he wanted to go. I had never been there for dinner, but it was really good!

Saturday, we had a little bit of shopping to do at the outlets and then decided to go to the Irondale Cafe for lunch and to see the trains. I have been wanting to take the boys for a while and it was such a hit! We probably saw 10 trains go by in the hour we were there. We ate lunch and watched the trains out the window the whole time, and they have this really nice porch area built by the train tracks and I think the boys could have stayed there all day! I wish we had gone before now!


Hudson was mad when we had to leave so I told him that we could come back anytime. He then said that we would be coming back after naptime. Ha! He LOVED it. And, Harrison loved it too! We will definitely be going back.

Saturday night, I got to have a fun night out with friends! The girls in our Sunday school class had a Favorite Things party. We each brought five of our favorite things, and then got to go home with five different favorite things! It was such a good night out. This is only half the group. I think we had around 30 people there! Love these girls...
 
Sunday night was circus night! I think we crammed a bit too much into one weekend, but we were all looking so forward to it! This was Hudson's 3rd circus and I thought this year was the best yet. It never disappoints! We left Harrison behind, but I can't wait to take him next year. I know he will love it just as much as Hudson did!


Hudson literally ate a whole tub of popcorn and a huge sprite. He never left his chair though--no bathroom trips, no fidgeting, nothing. He is the perfect spectator and is so fun to take to these things! The next morning, Hudson came downstairs and this was our conversation:

Hudson: "Mom, I have a tummy ache. I ate way too much popcorn."
Me: "I'm not surprised, buddy. You did eat a lot."
Hudson, lifting up his shirt: "Look at my fat tummy, Mom. I need to start running again."
Me: Dying on the floor laughing! He's heard Joel say that way too many times!

It was a fun night out though!

No comments:

Post a Comment