Friday, March 2, 2012

5 Months

Harrison is 5 months old today! It is hard to believe that in one month, he will be half a year old! He is still the absolute sweetest baby and is very laid back. We are still able to go out to eat and do as we please with him in tow. He will just sit in his carseat and be happy. I know those days are soon to end!

Not a whole lot has changed between four and five months. He is still showing no signs of rolling over. He's quite the chunker (just like Hudson was!), so I guess it's hard for him to do it? Not sure, but I know he'll do it when he's ready.



He found his feet this month and I just love seeing him reach for those toesies! He is still grabbing things like crazy and starting to put things in his mouth. Love those days. Ha! I can't really eat meals anymore with him in my lap. He wants to grab everything on my plate. It's definitely time to get the high chair out.



We changed his feeding schedule this month to stretch out his feedings. We tried doing eight ounces every four hours, but he just couldn't handle the eight, so we are doing seven ounces and he can still pretty much make it the four hours. I forgot how much easier it makes things to stretch the feedings out, even by just an hour. That is one less bottle to wash a day too, so that's great for me! We started putting cereal in all of his bottles at the beginning of the month and that really helped with his spitting up, but then I got worried that maybe he was getting too much so I just do cereal in his last bottle of the night. Unfortunately, since doing that, he is now getting up in the middle of the night again (not that he has really ever slept through the night, but he's back to needing a snack again during the night). I think it is time to start doing cereal with the spoon, so hopefully this weekend, I'm going to try it and maybe that will help fill his tummy more! I just feel like we can't get it right with him. Hudson was so easy when it came to sleeping. It's not that it's horrible because we really are used to it and Joel and I are taking turns sleeping in the guest bedroom and doing baby duty, so we're tired, but it's ok. I know it won't last forever.



He is mostly taking a nap in the morning and in the afternoon, and a cat nap when we get home around 4:30 to around 5:30. He's down for the night by 7:30, if we make it that far.


He's doing great with his sitting up. I hope to report by six months that he's doing it on his own!



He loves bath time and splashes like crazy. His legs are always kicking! He also still loves the jumperoo.




He has the sweetest little giggle. He is so ticklish on his chest and on those chunky legs. He will just crack up when you tickle him.


His hair is really starting to come in and it's a lot blonder than I thought it would be. It's definitely not red like Hudson's was! He's still in 6-9 month clothes and is in a size 3 diaper.



Happy 5 months little buddy! We can't wait to see what is in store for us next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment