Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Trip to the Circus and a Birthday!

We had a great time at the circus again this year! Hudson LOVED it even more than he did last year. We left Harrison at home so we could have special time with just Hudson (and Hudson kept telling me that Harrison was too little to go anyway!). There is something for everyone at the circus and I can't wait to go again next year and let Harrison experience the fun too! We definitely missed him!


We had been talking up the circus and telling Hudson about all the animals he was going to see and he kept telling us that he was going to ride the train too. He thought we were going to the zoo! I then made the mistake of telling him that there would be clowns, and he totally freaked. The whole way there, he kept saying, "I don't want to see any clowns. I don't want them to get me!" I was nervous that I may have ruined it, but now he will tell you that the clowns were silly and liked to fall down a lot. Ha!


I just think the lion and tiger guy is crazy. They sure have those animals trained! I try not to think about how they got them that way. :)


We were able to make it another year without having to buy one of those expensive light up things...Hudson really never even noticed them! I wonder how long that will last!

On a side note, the circus will always have a special meaning to me because not only is it always Joel's birthday, but last year, it was on the way to the circus that I spilled the beans to Joel that I was pregnant! It's hard to believe that was a year ago!


Speaking of Joel's birthday, Saturday was his big day. Unfortunately, Joel and Hudson were both under the weather. We are almost 100% positive that Hudson has another ear infection. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough. He's had to just tough it out this weekend and I know he's not feeling good. We did manage to go eat a late breakfast at Another Broken Egg, and then picked up some Gigi's cupcakes to celebrate. The only gift I was able to give Joel was three uninterrupted nights of sleep. I have had no time, but I guess that's the best gift I can give right now, especially when he's sick!


Joel and I were supposed to have a date night last night, but he just wasn't feeling up to it, so we cancelled. I was bummed, but I guess I would rather spend our rare date night on a night that he is feeling good! We watched a movie instead and all got in bed early.

We celebrated Joel's birthday again tonight at the Reed's house with a yummy dinner.

I can't leave out this cute little guy. He'll be 4 months this week. Where is the time going??? He's been busy working on his sitting up skills!


Tomorrow is Hudson's surgery and even though we've been through it before, I'm still nervous about it. There's always that risk that you don't want to think about, no matter how minor the procedure is. I'm so ready for him to be feeling better, and I know he is too. He's probably forgotten how it feels to not be sick!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today!! I know he will feel better! And the circus, can you believe the motorcycles? 8 in the little ball of steel. We really enjoyed the circus this year too!

    ReplyDelete