Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Applique, Take 2!

The consignment season has just about wrapped up around here. I went to several consignment sales looking for good finds for Hudson's fall wardrobe, and even worked the Whale of a Sale at our church so that I could go in early and shop! Well, I guess that I'm just too picky when it comes to "used" clothes. I didn't find a whole lot except for ratty boy clothes, which I know that these are some people's treasures, but not for me. While I was working my volunteer shift, I got to talking to several friends, both with boys, who got me inspired to try the ole' machine out again and do some appliques. I had told Joel that I was going to sell it on Ebay because I just couldn't do it...didn't have the time and it never worked like I wanted it to! Can you tell I get frustrated easily?!?!

It is hard to find cute boy clothes at a reasonable price, and I also like for him to dress cute to daycare too (although he ruins about half of what I send him in!). I also know that Hudson's days of wearing longalls and jon-jons are quickly coming to a close (I'm hoping I can go at least another year without Joel fussing about it too much!), so I'm hoping that I can get the hang of the applique thing so I can make him some cute shirts to wear. Eventually, I would love to make the matching pants, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves! Seriously, $3.50 for the t-shirt and $2.00 for the applique, and here you go...


I know, it's about the easiest thing to do in the world, but I'm still getting the hang of it (and I do realize it is a little off center too, but hopefully no one will notice!). I would love to monogram a "War Eagle" on it, but I'm afraid I will mess it up so I think I'm just going to leave it as it is. I think I need a monogram software to really do what I want anyway, so that will have to wait.

Thanks girls for inspiring me and I have about 8 more shirts to do in the next few weeks. I'm actually excited about it!

1 comment:

  1. it looks great! I, too, am terrified to monogram on knit shirts...i've ruined at least 3 so far.

    ReplyDelete