Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh What a Day (and Night)

Poor Hudson had a really bad day today. He is still trying to recover from his ear infection, which we think may be getting worse because he just isn't himself. He didn't nap AT ALL today at daycare (never a good thing for Hudson), had a terrible diaper that went all through his clothes (hasn't happened in forever!), has a rash on his face that is starting to spread to the rest of his body (which normally comes after an ear infection), and on top of all that, he got bitten at daycare. Mama's going to find the kid with all those chompers tomorrow! I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'm going to do something!


We had dinner plans tonight at La Paz with a small group from our Sunday school class so when I picked Hudson up from daycare and realized all these things had happened today, I didn't think we should go to dinner. But, I took Hudson home and put him down for a nap and hoped that he would be ok to go. He woke up in the worst mood, but we decided to chance it anyway. Actually, I told Joel to go and we would stay home, but he wanted us all to go. I'll never make that mistake again!

We wished La Paz had one of these tonight...

On a side note, we finally realized it was time to crate the dogs. I have no idea why we haven't done this before! Hudson thinks they are his new toy and the dogs have been just fine with it and haven't been destroying our house!

Anyway, back to dinner...it was an absolute nightmare. Worst.dinner.ever. I was so embarassed and stressed...and sweaty...and frustrated. If I wasn't endulging myself in a glass of wine right now, I might be pulling my hair out! It was that bad! I have never seen Hudson arch his back that many times in one sitting. He threw the biggest fits I have ever seen (oh and we saw the kitchen at La Paz too--that makes two restaurants that he has run into the kitchen now!). My arms are physically exhausted--I feel like I've been wrestling an alligator for the past hour and a half! Joel and I took turns going outside, but it still didn't make things any better (one of us should have just taken him home, but we were only in one car and it was too far to do that). I'm pretty sure we ruined dinner for the couples at our table, and all the tables around us--I promise he isn't normally this bad! He was exhausted and it was our fault that we did that to him. You live and learn (and maybe wait just a tad longer to think about adding a second child! Ha! Only kidding, but we definitely won't be going out to dinner EVER with two!). It was really bad though. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for the little guy! I can only hope. I sure do wish it was me getting sick all the time, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know we've been there (on all those levels :))

    ReplyDelete