Monday, July 19, 2010

Broken

As it turns out, Hudson's foot is broken. Our pediatrician, who we LOVE and are so thankful for, called me this morning at 7 am and wanted to know what happened. He asked if Hudson was still having trouble putting pressure on it to which I replied that he was, and he told me he wanted to get someone to look at the x-rays and would call me back. Thirty minutes later, he said that the doctor who looked at the x-ray said that it looked suspicious and that we needed to head to the orthopedist today and he would call me back when that was set up. I went ahead and took Hudson to Joel's mom's house so I could work for a while since I figured it would be a while before they could squeeze us in, but the minute I got to work and got my computer all set up, they called and said to go right then. So much for work! Joel's mom was kind enough to go with me since Joel is still in the bed sick today and I knew I couldn't handle it on my own. Luckily, they got us right in (miracle there!) and we didn't have to wait long. The doctor came right in as well and told us that he broke a bone on his foot, but the good news is that they didn't want to cast it. He said that it will heal on its own in a few weeks and he said that Hudson will figure out a way to walk on it to where it doesn't hurt, and he will be fine. Whew! It's sad that it's broken, but at least we don't have a cast to worry about! Thanks to Children's South for missing that one! Ha! Oh well, I would rather hear it from an orthopedist that specializes in that sort of thing so I guess it is ok. And, can I say again how thankful I am for our pediatrician?!?! How many pediatricians out there will follow up with you personally? He is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Poor sweet Hudson (and poor y'all too!)! I wanted to tell you for reassurance - a friend of mine's little boy broke his leg at about 11 months, and it healed fine. I'm not at all saying "no big deal" about poor Hudson's injury, but if you worry as much as I do about things, I always find reassurance in knowing that it's happened to someone else and they came out okay on the other side. I'll be praying for a speedy, easy recovery!

    ReplyDelete