Thursday, October 15, 2009

Race for the Cure

I completed my first 5K this past weekend. I did the Race for the Cure downtown with some of my co-workers. The plan was to take Hudson and stroll him, but the weather had other plans for us so he stayed at home! Luckily, the rain held off for most of the run. It actually felt good and wasn't too hot. I about died as I crossed the finish line though...maybe I need to do a little practice before I try the next one! I was feeling a little lightheaded, which is sad, but I have not run in probably 2 years. I was so sore the next day! Anyway, I finished in a slow 35 minutes, but we did walk some so that's not too bad!

Here are some pics from the race.

Our group in front of the pink fountain, Team SRHWians.

Kelli, Cameron, and me before the race. I was getting a little impatient. There were so many people and I was so ready to just get on with the race!


It was a fun time for all and it was great to be a part of such a good cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment