Sunday, October 4, 2009

7 Months

Here is Hudson a month ago at 6 months...

And here he is at 7 months old!


He has added some hair over the past month!


He is full of smiles and laughs (and a lot of fussing too!).

He still loves his feet!

He's just all around cute!



It is so hard to believe that my baby is 7 months old already.
Here is what he is up to this month:
  • He's up on all fours rocking back and forth, but he just can't figure out how to crawl yet. He gets so frustrated that he can't get moving. We think that is part of the reason he has been so fussy.
  • He rolls to where he wants to get, even if it is all the way across the room! We've found him under the coffee table and under the bed so far. What's next?!?!?
  • He is still going crazy in the jumperoo. This has probably been the best purchase so far!
  • He loves to bang on stuff. His favorite thing to do is to sit outside on our deck and bang his hands on the table. We've got to get him a set of drums! Ha!
  • I can't believe we have gone another month with no teeth! We keep thinking any day now, but nothing. He has been drooling and feeling in his mouth, fussy, and pulling at his ears--all signs of teething, but no tooth yet!
  • He laughs at the dogs constantly. He absolutely loves them and they love Hudson too! They love to give him kisses and Chloe is always putting her toy up to him to get him to throw it! She hasn't figured out that he can't do that yet!
  • He will eat anything now. Our picky eater is gone! I'm so thankful. He loves all kinds of baby food and cereal and oatmeal too! He is getting two baby food meals a day now, one in the morning and one at night. He usually has oatmeal and a fruit in the morning and then a fruit and a veggie at night. He eats it up! You can't get it into his mouth fast enough. He also makes an "mmm" noise after every bite. It is hilarious! He does that and then opens his mouth wide for the next bite. Feeding time is so much fun!
  • He is now on all formula, which is not going too well so far. He does not like it at all, but I can't go the rest of my life attached to my "little black bag"! I have been pumping since day one and giving him bottles, and I'm so proud of myself to have made it this far without stopping because it has been rough! I feel so free now! I just hope Hudson gets used to formula soon.
  • We've started giving him a sippy cup and he loves it. He is still trying to figure out how to use it, but he loves to pick it up and put it in his mouth. I don't know how much juice he's actually taking in, but it's a good activity and keeps him occupied for a while.
  • He is back to sleeping through the night again. Thank goodness! He will wake up sometimes at night, but he gets himself back to sleep so we don't have to go up there. Some nights I just turn the monitor off when he starts talking. I feel bad about that, but I never know how long he's going to talk and I figure if he starts screaming, we'll hear it anyway without the monitor! He's been fine though.
  • He is wearing 9-12 month clothes now, and size 3 diapers.
  • He moved up to the next class in the church nursery. It made me so sad! He still has a while before he moves up at daycare, but it is hard to believe that he has already grown out of a class!
  • He seems to be over his fear of gray-headed people! He used to just scream at the sight of my dad, my grandmother, and Joel's grandfather, but he hasn't done it in a while. I don't know what the deal was with that, but I'm glad it was just a phase!

We have had a fun month with our little man and can't wait to see what the next month has in store. I feel like it is going to be filled with a lot of babyproofing!

This month, Joel and I are going to the Auburn/LSU game in Baton Rouge and we are not taking Hudson. It will be our first time away from him. I am so nervous about it, but I know that Joel and I need a weekend away with just ourselves, and I also know the grandparents have been dying for a weekend to keep him so it is good all around!

We also have Halloween coming up and I ordered Hudson's costume this weekend. He is going to be a lion and it is SO CUTE!!! I can't wait!

Happy 7 months old little buddy!

*New post below

2 comments:

  1. We are going to the AU/LSU game as well. We are staying in NOLA Friday night...not sure about Saturday...we have our room in NOLA for Saturday, but may crash at a friend's house for a little bit before heading back to NOLA. We must meet up while in BR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy! We are going to the AU/LSU game too! We are flying down Th morning & staying in New Orleans until Sun. We aren't bringing Carter either. I would love to meet up with you tailgating or something. Where are y'all staying??
    P.S. I love reading what is going on with Hudson b/c it lets me know what I get to look forward to with Carter. :)

    ReplyDelete