Monday, May 11, 2009

It is Only Fitting That on Mother's Day...

Hudson gave me the best present ever...he SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! We put him down Saturday night around 9:45 or so, and he didn't wake up until 6:15 the next morning! I kept waking up during the night thinking he would be stirring at any minute, but he just kept on sleeping. Hudson also surprised me with a beautiful diamond cross necklace. It was a wonderful first Mother's Day and a day I'll never forget!

I have to say though, of all the gifts I received yesterday, the best gift of all is being Hudson's mother. It sounds so cheesy, but it's so true! I never knew I could love someone so much. He is the light of my life and I'm so proud of him. He really is the best baby. I love showing him off to everyone. He is always such a trooper. He now gives smiles to just about anyone that will give him attention. And, his little laugh is so cute and it's impossible not to smile when he gets going! I am so blessed to be a mother. I feel like Joel and I waited a long time for this to happen, and it's so surreal to us that we are finally parents of this miracle baby! It is a feeling like no other and I can't wait to spend many more Mother's Days with him!

I also want to thank my mom for being such a great mom to me. We are getting closer and closer as I get older and especially now that I am a mother. I can now understand what all she went through all those years raising three kids! Wow, it's a hard job! So, thank you mom for being such a great influence and such a wonderful grandmother to my precious baby. Happy Mother's Day to you. I also want to wish Joel's mom a Happy Mother's Day! She did a wonderful job raising my husband and I am so thankful for the love that she gives Hudson every time she sees him. It is awesome to watch. That boy is going to really love his Mimi! We are so lucky, and so thankful to have such wonderful mothers in our lives!

Ok, enough of the sappy stuff (I'm so not a sappy person, but this year Mother's Day meant so much more to me so I felt like I needed to write about it!). We had a great weekend. We had a fun dinner on Friday night with Cameron and Caroline at Mafiazo's in Crestline Village. The pizzas literally took 45 minutes to come out, but the company was great and it was so nice to be out of the house! Hudson did great too despite the long wait! Saturday, we had a wedding reception to go at the BCC to so my parent's kept Hudson. It was a lot of fun to have a night out without the little guy (although we missed him terribly so we really weren't out all that long!)and it was so good to see everyone from high school. It has been a long time! I can't believe the 10 year reunion is coming up! Sunday, we hung out at home and then went over to the Reed's house to celebrate Mother's Day with them. We ended up going to Sweetbone's for dinner. It was really good...we had good company there too! The weekend went by way too fast! Sadly to say, I did not take any pictures of my first Mother's Day with Hudson! That is terrible. But, here are a couple of cute ones from the weekend anyway. There aren't too many days that we don't take pictures of Hudson!


This is the necklace that "Hudson" gave me! Isn't it absolutely beautiful?!?! I wore it to the wedding on Saturday night and it looked fabulous. My husband has excellent taste in jewelry. I am one lucky girl!!!

We have a busy next couple of weekends. I'm so excited about it. We are heading up to Mentone on Friday to spend the night with my parents at the cabin and go to one of the festivals up there on Saturday morning, and then are heading to Weiss Lake on Saturday to spend Saturday afternoon and Sunday with Joel's family at the lake. This will be our first overnight adventure with Hudson! I hope we have enough room in the car for all his stuff! We are then going to the beach for Memorial Day weekend. I can't wait! I have a lot to look forward to these next few weeks before I head back to work. I will be sure to keep the blog updated for all our happenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment