Tuesday, December 19, 2017

August and Labor Day

I'm going to try to play catch up during Christmas break. We've done so many fun things recently that I need to get this up to date so I can post our holiday activities!
 
Anyway, back in August when it was blazing HOT, baseball started and my big boy took the mound for the first time. Kid pitch was interesting to say the least and we had a lot of bumps and bruises from getting hit with balls, but Hudson enjoyed it.
 

We went out to Oak Mountain one day to try out the bike park. The boys loved it!


Harrison really couldn't even ride a bike without training wheels, but was up and going over the small hills. We were pretty shocked to say the least. He just seems to catch on to things really quickly!



We watched the solar eclipse! It was a whole lot of hype for nothing to me, but I did learn that Hudson is a lover of all things science and while I did not let him skip school to potentially burn his eyes watching the eclipse, he was ALL into it and enjoyed watching at school. I did bring home the special glasses and they thought just wearing them was cool! Hudson is already talking about the next one and how he's definitely missing school for it!  
 
 
We spent Labor Day at the cabin with my parents and Carrie and Rooney. We had such a good time, none of us wanted to leave!
 

Dad surprised the kids with an Auburn mask and they thought it was the greatest thing in the world. He was pretty pumped about his Walmart find. Ha!

Look at those happy kids!



We headed to the lake for one day and rode the boat, did a little hot dogging, and rode all over the farm in the gator. Boys dream!



I decided on the boat ride that I would try to take a selfie with Chloe because she was being so sweet and clinging to me all day. Well, little did I know that she would pass away 2 days later. So, this is the last picture we have of our first fur baby. We miss her like crazy and it was a very sad time for all of us. We still don't know what happened, but the vet thinks it was some sort of brain bleed. She's buried in her happy place at the cabin and we'll remember her always!


We came home from Labor Day weekend and promptly bought Harrison a spanking spoon that he happily painted. We were having some behavior issues with him and just chalked it up to a lot of change (house, school, etc.), but as it turns out, it was an ear infection that he had for probably 6 weeks. Whoops! Soon as we got that cleared up, he was back to happy Harrison!



No comments:

Post a Comment