Sunday, November 8, 2015

Catching Up

 I'm playing catch up again! Joel has gone to Nashville to meet with a doctor first thing in the morning to hopefully figure out what has been going on with him for the past 8 months, so I decided it was time to update the blog. I haven't mentioned it here I don't think, but it's been about the worst thing you can imagine (aside from cancer), both for him obviously because he never knows by the hour how he is going to feel, and for the kids and I, who are just trying to get by right now. Maybe one day when all of this is over, he can write about his experience. Let's just say that no one should take their health for granted. He is meeting with a doctor tomorrow that specializes in Lyme Disease, and hopefully, he will be able to give Joel some answers and get him on the path to getting well!

Anyway...we've had a busy few weeks! I'll catch up with Halloween week in the next post because there was so much going on that week that I can't possibly include it in one post.

Auburn FINALLY got a win last night! We were so excited! This picture was taken a while ago when it was actually sunny (we haven't seen the sun in a while!). It's been a tough year to be an Auburn Tiger!

 Popsicles at Steel City Pops (again when it was sunny!).

 Birthday party with old buds...we sure do miss sweet Hen!


Evening trips to the Western in our PJ's!



Harrison was star student of the week the week after his birthday. We had fun making his poster!

 On Columbus Day, the boys had the day off so we headed out to the mega park in Leeds. The boys had a blast!


 I just LOVE Harrison's school pic! He asked to wear the pink shirt that day...I just feel like I can imagine him in college in this picture and it makes me sad! Ha!

 We had a fun Mommy/son day at Let's Play on Friday when I finally wasn't working! We had the place to ourselves and had a blast.

 I went to Orlando for a week a couple of weeks ago. This was view from my room. If you can't tell, that would be the security line at the airport down below. The conference was there, breakfast/lunch/dinner was there...we literally weren't able to leave or see the outdoors! I felt like I was in jail!

 A couple of my closest co-workers and I finally broke free and went to Epcot our last day there. It was SO fun!
 We decided on Epcot because they were having the Food & Wine Festival and it is a park that we can never really enjoy when we have our kids with us. We definitely ate and drank ourselves around the world and had so much fun. Wish I could go back!


 I came back in town for Halloween costumes to arrive...here is a sneak peak!

 And baseball ended. Hudson had a great time in fall ball this year. No rest for the weary though as basketball starts on Tuesday!


I went to Vegas last week for a conference. I'm not used to this much traveling and with Joel not really being able to handle the load by himself, we've had to use the grandparents a lot! We are thankful for their help!

One more trip this week and then I'm putting up my suitcase for a while! Ha! Thankfully, this week's trip is for fun as Hudson and I head to California to celebrate Rooney turning one!

No comments:

Post a Comment