Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Back to School!

Well the kids are back in school and life is getting back to normal for us! We had a great summer and are excited for a new school year. Last Wednesday, Hudson had "meet the teacher day" at his school. He has Mrs. Dennis for first grade. He was so excited to meet her and walked right up to her, gave her a hug, and said, "I'm just so excited to be here!" And then picked a seat closest to the teacher's desk. Teacher's pet anyone?!?! Ha! He cracked us up, but hey, we are all about first impressions in this family and I would say that was a good one!
 
.
 
Then Thursday was the first day! We decided to have some first day fun and meet at the Kincaid's house where the boys could walk to school on the first day. He was so excited to do that! And I was so excited to not have to sit in the carpool line! :)
 

Hudson was SO mad at the outfit I made him wear on the first day. He is in full on Under Armour mode and looking cute just wasn't "cool." Oh well...we had to look cute the first day! You better believe that Friday he was in Under Armour head to toe!


They were so ready to go! They didn't even look back and hardly said a goodbye. I was planning to walk Hudson to the door, but he told me I didn't need come close to the school. Well, ok then! Glad he is so independent! He had a great first day. Loved every second, and met new friends. His school has 11 first grade classes and while we feel like we know a ton of people in his school, there was only 3 girls and 1 boy that he knew in his class, and no one from his kindergarten class. He's adapted well though and already has a sweet buddy that actually lives in our neighborhood, which is awesome!
 
 Harrison had meet the teacher day on Wednesday as well at his new school, our church. We moved him over there this year which is allowing me to get about an hour back in my day in drive time! It is amazing so far! We were nervous though. We loved his old school. They were great and loved our sweet boys, so it was definitely bittersweet to leave. However, being at the church will allow him to be with kids that will be going to kindergarten with him and that is huge. And it's our church...and the main thing is that is where Hudson goes to after care and I will pick up in one place! Woo hoo!

Here he is on his first day of school, which was Monday! He was so cute.

 He is our shy one, although a lot of people may not know that! He is a lot more clingy and nervous than Hudson. He had a little bit of a hard time letting me go on Monday, but he was a big boy and didn't cry. When I picked him up, he was so happy and said he loved it. I asked him who he sat next to at lunch and he said, "All my girlfriends of course!" I think he's going to be just fine! We are 3 days in now and he's still a little unsure in the mornings, but he's definitely not upset. We love his teachers, Mrs. Nancy and Mrs. Beebe, so I think he's going to have a great year!

Hudson came home with his first homework project and we worked on it this weekend. An "All About Me" poster. He went through our pictures and decided which ones to put on there and then placed him and wrote what they all were. Obviously I helped a bit, but this was his thing! He had so much fun doing it and I was proud of him.

 Backwords letters and all...(obviously we needed to do a little practicing this summer!)
 The scene from my first day driving carpool! Crazy boys! As a side note, this was when we were just about at the school and I let them go ahead and take their seatbelts off so they would be ready!

 Back to school bash on Friday night!

 
So far, so good! Everyone is happy and that's all we can ask for! Happy new school year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment