Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fancy Pants Chicken

I have been meaning to put this on the blog for some time now.  I found this recipe on Facebook of all places and my mouth started watering by just looking at the picture! Ha! I knew I had to make it. It did not disappoint. I took pictures of the process, but then forgot to take one of the final product because we all ate it so fast, so below was the original picture from Facebook. Looks yum, huh?!?!

Package (or 2) of thin chicken breasts - you can make however many you want
A few slices of prosciutto (optional--I left out)
1/2 bag of fresh spinach
8 oz. package of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 envelope of Lipton's Savory Herb and Garlix mix
1/2 cup of white wine
1/4 cup of olive oil
8 oz. shredded mozzarella

Layer the bottom of the pyrex with chicken. Cover with spinach and mushrooms. The original recipe also had some prosciutto in it too if you like that. I left it out because I forgot to buy, but it would be good too! Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Whisk together olive oil, wine, and savory herb and garlic envelope. Poor over everything. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Add the cheese and bake until cheese is melted (around 5-10 more minutes).

The first time I followed the recipe exactly. The second time I decided I would rather drink my wine instead of put it in my food. :) So, I just used some chicken broth instead of the wine and it was great. I think I might have even liked it better. The point is, you can change up the recipe to how you like!

I served it over rice both times because that's what I had, but I am sure it would be great with pasta too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment