Thursday, October 2, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday Harrison!

Harrison turned 3 today! He began the day at 5:30 am...he was just too excited! He said, "I'm free, I'm free!" Ha! School mornings aren't quite like they used to be. There's no dilly dallying around anymore and taking our time getting out the door, and of course today would be the one day I had an 8 am meeting at work, so there wasn't a whole lot of celebrating done first thing. Boo. Joel reminded me that I always took Hudson to Krispy Kreme for his birthday. Made me feel great! We did manage to sing Happy Birthday though and let him blow out his first set of candles of the day, so I call it a good start to the day! And he did get one present to start his birthday so he was happy!  
 


I also managed to get an obligatory birthday picture before we left for the day!

 I took cupcakes to his school at lunchtime and his teachers and friends sang Happy Birthday. He was eating it up!

And then I took him home for the afternoon! We played outside for a good while--his favorite thing to do!

 Since he woke up at the crack of dawn, he took a 3.5 hour nap, so our good one on one time for the day was pretty much gone. He needed it though! Big Mama came over and brought gifts once he woke up, and he was pretty excited about that! Then we gave him his big gift from us...

So, so fun. He loved it.

 Then we went to Johnny Rockets for dinner, Harrison's pick.

I didn't know that they sang at Johnny Rockets, but they called attention to the entire restaurant and had everyone sing along, and then they brought out this huge ice cream sundae to the birthday boy. Harrison didn't quite know what to think about it all! He pretty much buried himself in the seat cushion. My shy one for sure...

After that we came back and Harrison opened gifts from Migi, Pops, and Stuart! It was birthday overload today. I think he had a good day. I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said "my whole birthday!" And more birthday fun coming this weekend AND next weekend! This is one special (and spoiled!) 3 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment