Wednesday, September 17, 2014

We Moved!

We moved! We are finally in our new home. "In" is about all I can say about it at this point though. Ha! It is still a mess. Moving with kids is hard! There is only so much unpacking you can do at a time, so it has been a slow, slow process. We've been in the house for about a week and a half now. We just got TV installed on Sunday, and we still do not have internet. And we haven't been able to put any rugs down yet because of our new floors--hopefully another week? Like I said, slow process. But, we are glad to have our stuff back, especially the boys who missed all of their toys dearly!
 

A couple of nights before we moved in, I was frantically trying to get the house cleaned. We had all of the hardwood floors redone and there was dust EVERYWHERE. Well, I was leaving for the night and this little friend almost came into the garage. I was able to close the garage without it coming in, but I swear, I have the worst luck with snakes. I told Joel that I was ready to put a for sale sign in the yard! I do not do snakes! It looks little, but it really wasn't! :) Thankfully, we haven't seen another one yet, but I'm not holding my breath. We are a little bit more "in the woods" in this house!

Harrison is such a mess! Daddy dressed him on Saturday and put him in shorts that were way too big. We were at Joel's parents house getting some things and of course he had to have ice cream while we were there, and all of a sudden we looked at him and he was covered in ice cream and his pants had fallen down! He thought it was hilarious!

 And if anyone has any potty training tips for us, we are all ears! He goes potty fine at daycare, but he has yet to go at home! Grrr!


Hudson is trying out flag football this fall. We really want him to learn the rules of football since we are such a football family! So far he likes it, but let's just say he's definitely still learning. He only ran the wrong way with the ball once on Sunday. :)

 His team name is the Cornhuskers. He asked me what a cornhusker was and I really had no idea! What a strange name for a football team! (and I know Nebraska is the cornhuskers, I just picture someone out in the field getting corn and surely that can't really be their mascot!)

Ok so this was a really random post, but hopefully I'll be back to regular blogging soon! And maybe in the next year I'll post pictures of the house!

1 comment:

  1. Moving with kids is definitely a challenge. We did not refinish our hardwood floors before moving it and should have done it first. It was a real hassle to do it a year later. You definitely did things in the right order. Good luck in your new home!

    ReplyDelete