Monday, January 27, 2014

Just Dropping In...

Well clearly busy season is upon me because the blog has taken a back seat. It has started early this year, so maybe it will end early? I can only hope! This is my 10th busy season. Never thought I would make it past busy season #2 and here we are 10 years in. How in the world am I 10 years out of college?!?! I still feel like it was yesterday that I was at Auburn. Enough on me...Joel is turning 35 tomorrow! The boys are super excited about celebrating Daddy's birthday. The only thing that might make it even better would be a snow day! We are also busy planning Hudson's 5th birthday party! How can that be? I'm not even going to talk about the fact that February 3rd starts Kindergarten registration...
 
Here are some pictures from lately. I have not gotten my big camera out since Christmas and have barely taken any pictures from my cell phone. It's just been that kind of month. We've had fun though.
 
These boys are the sweetest things in the world. We are so blessed and are hearts are so full right now. Hudson told me probably 15 times today that I was his best friend! I hope he always loves me this much! :) And Harrison, I could just eat him up with a spoon he's so darn cute. It's a good thing because he is still Trouble with a capital T! His latest act is to take his diaper off...at naptime. You can only imagine. Wall, floor, crib, bumpers, everywhere. He had a field day. Oh and I caught him drinking my soft drink in the fridge the other day...just what we need, Harrison on caffeine!
 
 
You can't take you eyes off him! Last week, I was picking him up from school and first thing he told me was that he went to time out. He was SO proud of it, smiling and jumping up and down, like it was the best thing in the world. Apparently, all his friends do it too because he gives me the list of everyone who went to time out each day now. So funny! 
 
We've spent time with good friends (and put fake teeth in our mouths!)!  


And of course made some trips to Irondale to see the trains (when it wasn't -10 below outside). I've also been playing tennis in the freezing temps...it's been a little rough, but good for me!

We are studying the 5 Love Languages of Children in Sunday School and this past Sunday was on quality time. It's so hard during the week when you are working to get good, undistracted, quality time in with your kids when there is the rush of getting out the door in the morning, cooking dinner at night with tired, grumpy kids at your feet, laundry to do, dishes to clean, kids to bathe, etc. So, I've been trying to incorporate some quality time with Hudson WHILE I do these things, and I've found that he is such a great and willing helper if he has all of my attention while doing it! Here he is helping me unload the dishwasher. It's the little things for him! And don't worry, not all of our quality time is spent doing chores! :) This kid LOVES to play games and build legos, so we spend a lot of time doing that too!

 We took the boys to the circus on Saturday afternoon. It was Hudson's third time to go and Harrison's first and I'm happy to say that they both LOVED it! Hudson has always done great at these things and has loved the circus in the past, but we were a little worried about Mr. Busy. Thankfully, he sat still and watched the whole thing! There was a lot of popcorn consumed though to help hold his attention!
We dodged the $25 toys one more year too! Woo hoo! Hudson noticed them, but he didn't ever ask for one, so we just didn't go there! Ha!

Harrison will tell you that his favorite was the elephants! I loved them too buddy!

We had a great afternoon and then had a fun pizza dinner out where the boys acted like perfect angels.

Ok, enough break now. Back to work the night shift! :) Hopefully be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment