Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back from San Diego!

I'm finally back from San Diego! While the weather in San Diego ALMOST made me want to move there (think high of 70 and sunny with NO humidity), it's good to be back home and back to my sweet babies and husband too! It was nice to spend a few days away, but gosh I missed my boys so much! Fingers crossed I passed my test (I feel good about it!), but thankfully it was over on Saturday and I got to relax Saturday and Sunday before the conference started on Monday.
 
Carrie and Andres came down Saturday to hang out with me. I'm thankful for these work trips that take me out west so I can see them too! We had a blast. Carrie, being the foodie, planned our meals and bars and it was all great! We went to dinner at Searsucker (a MUST try--it was so delicious that I ended up taking our Birmingham group there again on Monday night!). The location of Searsucker reminded me a bit of Bourbon Street though--think people everywhere who might have been a bit overserved. :) Carrie had heard of a bar called Polite Provisions so we headed there after dinner. It was a bit outside of the city and such a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the Gaslamp District of San Diego where there were people everywhere! This place was so quaint! So glad Carrie is "in the business" so we can try all the neat spots. 
 
 
Saturday, we literally stayed in bed until 11! Heaven!!! It was such a relaxing morning. I can't remember the last time I got to do that. Then, we made ourselves get up and walked to lunch. We ate at the Neighborhood and had another fabulous meal. They took me through Coronado before having to leave to head back to Los Angeles (Andres was taking the red-eye that night to DC so they had to get back). I decided to lay out by the pool with a good book. It was kind of chilly by the pool if you can imagine that, but with this view, I could stand it! Our hotel was right on the water so it was beautiful! 
 
Our Birmingham group went to dinner Sunday night at de'Medici and had another fabulous meal. It was an upscale Italian restaurant with servers that really put on a show for you. I highly recommend it. I really should have taken pictures of the food! I couldn't stop eating though (and they definitely did not stop filling my glass of wine!). Ha! Sign of a good dinner! 
 
Monday and Tuesday were filled with continuing professional education classes. Some good, some horrible. I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I make it through those things though!
 
It was so nice to get home to the boys. I got home at 11:30 last night. I tried my best to wake them up to tell them that Mommy was home, but they weren't having any of it! :) I had to wait until this morning to get my hugs and kisses!
 
Unfortunately, on Monday of this week, Harrison started throwing up. If it weren't for grandparents, I'm not sure Joel would have survived! At least that's what I think--he sounds like he had it under control! :) We are still battling ears with Harrison and are going back to the ENT tomorrow to hopefully get some answers. We are at our wits end with this. We were trying one last time to get it cleared up and we finished the antibiotic, ear drops, and vinegar and water flushing twice a day last Thursday and by Monday, he was throwing up and his ear was majorly draining again. It's hard being across the country when your child is sick and is so resistant to anything you give him.
 
Thankfully, he is definitely feeling better today. He was even in my heels tonight! He thought he was hot stuff walking all around the house tonight in them! Notice his Padres PJ's...not that we are Padres fans, but I did stay right next to the stadium so that means something, right?!?!

And of course Hudson had to get in on the heel action too! He LOVED his souvenir so much...I'm not sure he is going to take it off. Love these boys so so so much...

Glad to be back to my world! Oh and props to Joel while I was gone. He did great (even though he went to the lake for the weekend to get help, I made dinners for him, laid out outfits, his mom helped every day, yada yada yada). I wonder if it really was as easy as he made it sound...

I doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment