Monday, December 10, 2012

The Rest of Friday and Saturday

After the Christmas program on Friday, we finally went and bought a Christmas tree. We have just been so busy that we haven't had a chance to go get one yet. Another beef with the real tree thing--if we had a fake one, I would have had it up Thanksgiving weekend!
 
The boys had a good time going up and down the rows of trees. Hudson picked out a lot of trees for us, but they just weren't the right ones if you know what I mean. :) Bless his heart. He tried!
 
 This chunk just did whatever big brother did.

"Mom, pick one already!!!" I should really say, "DAD, pick one already!!!" It always comes down to Joel's decision. You know, being the engineer that he is, it has to have the perfect shape and have the proper fullness to it. It is a process. And I only heard, "I used to work this lot for many years..." once the whole time out of Joel. We're making progress here! :)

The tree is finally decorated! It is starting to feel a bit more like Christmas (now if we can just get this 80 degree weather out of here it might really start to feel like Christmas!). Hudson LOVED decorating the tree. There are so many ornaments at the bottom of the tree and I just can't move them. It adds his 3 year old touch to it! He did such a good job. We blasted Christmas music and had a grand ole time! Harrison took one ornament and flung it across the room, where it broke into a million pieces. He was promptly taken to bed. He has only broken one more ornament since, so hopefully he has learned his lesson! :)

 Sam the Elf made his first appearance! Very exciting stuff (and good bribing material too!)!

Saturday, we had a birthday party for Charlie Ballentine (I took no pictures!) and then we had our annual tacky sweater Sunday School party. It was so fun! Joel and I of course ran out of time (I feel like a broken record because I say that all time, but I guess that is life right now), and didn't have good outfits, but we were tacky enough I suppose.

 The whole group! Such a fun night with sweet friends!
Sunday activities to come later!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment