Sunday, September 2, 2012

11 Months

Harrison is 11 months old today! We had a lot of fun during our photo shoot. He was so happy!

Harrison is a mess at 11 months. That's really all there is to say. He is into everything. I completely forgot about this stage. He goes through every single cabinet we have (that don't have child locks) and empties everything out on a daily basis. The minute I put everything back in, he's into it again. It's a no win! He crawls everywhere and is SO fast. Sometimes, I just want to know what all is going on in that brain of his--I think it is all over the place! He is just so active all of the time.

Harrison is obsessed with balls! He loves to sit across from you and roll a ball back and forth. It is so fun for him and by far, his favorite activity that we do. Just give him a ball and he's happy. He's got a pretty good throw for 11 months too! Maybe he will be my little athlete!


He loves walking while holding our hands and also walking behind his push toys. And, of course, he's an expert cruiser along the furniture. He's getting more stable each day and more confident with it. He's starting to let go some and balance. I still think it may be a little while before he's walking on his own, but he's doing great.

He is taking one nap at school a day from 12:30 ish to 2:30 ish, but is still taking 2 good long naps on the days that we are home. On school days, he's going down around 6:30 or 7 and sleeping until 7 or 7:30. He is a great sleeper now (I've almost forgotten how awful he was the first 6 months!). He takes a paci at naptime and bedtime, but really doesn't love the paci as much as Hudson did. He loves to throw it more than anything.

He is down to 3 bottles a day at breakfast, lunch, and before bed, although he usually does not drink but about half of his bottle at breakfast and lunch. He is doing awesome with the sippy cup and loves regular milk, so I think we are getting close on that.

He is off baby food for the most part. He might get one or two jars of baby food a week, just because I don't know what else to give him or if he can't eat what we are eating. He is doing great with the table food. He even ate Chick Fil A for lunch on Friday and loved it. And, this is all with NO teeth! It does not even appear that any are coming through anytime soon either. I guess he will be like Hudson and they will all come in at once! It is certainly not limiting him too much in the food department though. I'm going to miss his gummy smile though when they do come in!

We had to put a baby gate up in front of the stairs because he found them and he loves them. Once he found them, we would redirect him somewhere else, but he would go right back to them. He's a quick climber too.

He is still wearing 18 month clothes at 11 months. He despises having his clothes changed and his diaper changed. I dread this every day. He will just scream and kick and it is no fun at all! I suspect he's around 25 pounds, but we don't go to the doctor for another month. He's still a chunk. I just love his roly poly arms and legs! :)


He is really starting to copy some of the noises that we do. Hudson does a mean dinosaur roar and Harrison will just copy him with his own roar. It is so cute. He's "talking" more and more and I think he sounds just like Hudson. It is so weird! He is saying Dada really well now and I think he says Ba for ball, and on rare occasions, he says Mama. He has also started saying "uh oh" when he "drops" something (aka throws it!). I hear a lot of "Nanana", but I don't know what he's referring to.


I can't believe that a month from now, he will be digging into a smash cake. It has gone by way too fast. Happy 11 months little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment