Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding, Kobe, and Helping the Cause

I don't know about anyone else, but I was thankful that the royal wedding was on tv on Friday! After all the sadness of last week, I needed something happy to watch. I couldn't stop watching it. Poor Hudson may have been a bit neglected on Friday! Ha! I tried to make up for it by taking him to the park. :) I think in all I watched it 3 times, not to mention all the shows that just did commentary about it. I thought Kate looked absolutely gorgeous, and her dress was beautiful! It was very elegant, and not at all what I had expected! It was so surreal to watch them have to be so formal the whole time. Don't you know she just wanted to hold his hand and hug him and kiss him, but instead, there seemed to be a huge space between them the entire time and they didn't really even look at each other that much! Oh well, the life of a royal. I thought the two kisses on the balcony were sweet.

Saturday, we all went to meet my sister's new addition...sweet Kobe!

Is he not the cutest dog you have ever seen??? I stole this picture from Carrie's facebook page. He is a french bulldog and was SO personable and friendly! I want one! I think our two dogs and soon to be two kids is enough though for now! Kobe loved Hudson. Surely, he will figure out soon that his life is at risk any time Hudson is around! Ha! Actually, Hudson was quite sweet to Mr. Kobe and talked about him all night long! I can't wait to go visit him again!

On a heavier note, Joel and I decided that we needed to clean out our closet and donate clothes to the tornado victims. It is the least we can do. So today, we started that task. I mean, it was a task...can you tell??? This is the before...

Yikes, what a mess! It was a little out of control. Here is Joel's side...

We have a total of NINE bags to donate. That is just between Joel and me.

Ahhh, it feels good to be able to walk in the closet again! And, it feels good to be able to give these clothes to people who really need it.

We've still got a little bit of work to go to clean it up, but for the most part, the closet is much, much better.

It feels good to be able to help in some way. I know the need is so much greater than the little bit that we can provide, but it is something. And, something is better than nothing. I now want to tackle all of the other messes we've created in this house over the last 4 years. Let the nesting begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment