Thursday, September 24, 2009

Grease!

Joel and I had a wonderful night out on the town last night! We had a yummy meal at Botega and then went to see Grease. It was so fun! Joel was one of maybe 5 men in the audience, but he hung in there pretty well and actually said he enjoyed the play! Not really believing that...but, he knew I was loving it so he did a good job of playing along!

The best part of the play was getting to see TAYLOR HICKS! He had a very small part in the play, but of course the Birmingham audience made him feel right at home and he did great! We laughed because his entrance onto the stage was through an ice cream cone and he wore this sparkly outfit that was skin tight...only Taylor Hicks could pull it off! His part wasn't until after intermission and when he finally came out, I was like a giddy little school girl. I don't usually get like that, and I was never really a Taylor Hicks fan, but he is such a performer that it was hard not to get excited! We were all a little sad when his song was over, but he did come out after the play and do an encore of one of his new songs and that was really good. We didn't get home last night until after 11 so needless to say, we are exhausted today! An extra thanks goes to Joel's mom for keeping Hudson so that we could go out! She is probably struggling today as well!

On another note, today was the first day that Hudson cried when I left him at daycare. I had a lump in my throat as I walked out the door, but I knew if I stayed any longer, it would just make the situation worse. It was not even a fussy cry--it was the full out screaming type of cry that just breaks my heart. I hope this is not a regular occurrence because it was not fun! Luckily, today is my Friday and I have all weekend to spend with him! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment