Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daycare Blues

How can I possibly send this cute little thing...

to daycare in a month! I have a lump in my throat just thinking about it! We got the packet of information in the mail last week and it just about broke my heart. He will be starting on June 1st when I go back to work. Luckily, I'm only going back part time, but I'm really going to miss being with Hudson every day. He is getting so much more interactive and fun that I feel like I'm going to miss out on so much. I would love to be able to stay home with him, but to be able to live in the neighborhood we live in and live the way that we do without sacrificing anything, I have to go back to work. Now, that may change once we see how it goes with daycare! The first few weeks I was on maternity leave, I couldn't wait to get back to work (my friends at work thought I was crazy!). I guess I was just searching for anything I could get back from my previous life since it changed so much when Hudson was born. The lack of sleep didn't help...looking back, I'm pretty sure I wasn't in my right mind those first few weeks, but that's another story! That feeling has changed now! I do not want to go back at all, and I don't want to send Hudson to daycare! I just want to be able to love on him all day every day like I do now! I know that daycare has a lot of perks to it and will help Hudson learn so much, but I'm so sad about leaving him. June 1st is going to be a terrible day!!!

Here are a few pics from the last couple of weeks. I have slacked a little bit on the picture taking recently, but check back tomorrow. He will be exactly 2 months tomorrow, so I'm going to take a bunch of pictures!

This is one of my favorite pictures. He loves his daddy!

We had to buy him a hat for the summer. We don't want his precious skin to get burned! He looks so cute in the hat! He didn't like it very much though! I've heard conflicting opinions on the use of sunscreen before 6 months of age. I personally think some sunscreen is better than none, but a lot of doctors say none before 6 months. I've got to talk to Hudson's pediatrician before we go to the beach in a few weeks to make sure it's ok!


Hudson hanging out in his swing. He naps in it during the day now so I guess he's starting to like it! He hated it for so long!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I thought I was readying something I had written when you were talking about daycare! I felt the same exact way! Just a warning...it is really hard at first and you feel like you are a terrible mom, but it gets much better!

    ReplyDelete